Thaumatec has been a partner of this cluster in Austria since February and will cooperate with the other members in exchanging information and projects and will take part in events in the DACH region. The potential and competencies of the partners are bundled in the medical technology cluster in order to increase the innovative strength and international competitiveness of our company.
The Medizin Technik Cluster MTC stands for networking, cooperation and innovation. It is the central interface between business, science and medicine. The aim is to bring together partners from all over Austria and Europe and to support or initiate joint projects.
For Newcomers, Changers, Producers, Tier2, R&D-Institutions, Health-Institutions and Service providers.
Examples of MTC understanding of medical engineering:
- Robotics, minimally invasive surgery
- Electromedicine, biomedical measurement technology, monitoring
- Biomechanics, development of prosthetics (endoskeletons and exoskeletons)
- medical mechatronics
- microsensors and microfluidics
- Molecular Biology, Cellular & Tissue Engineering
- Approval of medical devices, regulatory affairs
- Digital health and eHealth
Start-ups and MTC
In cooperation with tech2b, MTCoffers an industry-specific start-up program for MedTech start-ups and spin-offs.